Course code: SHB50115
Campus: 601 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
The Diploma of Beauty therapy is for individuals who wish to provide a broad range of advanced beauty therapy treatments and services. This course is fully-subsidised for domestic, onshore students via the Victorian Government’s Skills First initiative.
Start dates: 25 May 2020
This qualification is ideal for people who are seeking management positions, those who wish to work independently as freelancers or obtain in-house roles in a spa or salon.
Students will learn how to communicate with clients and recommend treatments, services as well as sell retail skin care and cosmetic products.
Core subjects include:
- research and apply beauty industry information
- conduct salon financial transactions
- design and apply make-up
- safe hygiene, health and work practices
- manicure and pedicure services
- waxing services
- facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- body massages and treatments.
A range of elective subjects are also offered for those seeking to specialise in a particular field of beauty therapy.
Delivery and assessment:
- Face-to-face and practical training at Baxter Institute’s Hairdressing & Beauty Campus
- Computer aided delivery
- Combination of theory, practical and/or project assessments
Possible education pathways:
- Diploma of Salon Management
- Graduate Certificates in intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction
- Bachelor of Health Science – Dermal Therapies